Saturday, August 23, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 23


Trusting God When We Don't Understand
Can you think of a time when you felt like, "What in the world is going on in my life? Why did that happen to me? When will I finally get what I've wanted for so long? Why, God, why? When, God, when?!" If we can be honest with ourselves, we have all probably had an experience like this at some point. We all understand the feeling; and you’re not alone. There is encouragement for you today. Here is something to always remember. Mankind is fallible; we fall short and at times we’re unable to keep our promises. Man can give you instructions that are misleading and imperfect. Thankfully, God is not like man. With God, all things are possible. God keeps His promises, God gives you right instructions according to His perfect will and He won’t mislead you. If He instructs you to do something, its for your benefit, even if you don't see immediate results. No matter how much you don’t understand life as it is right now; no matter how uncomfortable it may seem or how hard it gets, don’t give up. If God is with you - the same God who spoke life into you, the same God who IS and knows the beginning and the end, the same God who knew you before the foundation of this world -is with you. When you learn to trust the Lord, you will begin to have a sense of rest in the Lord knowing that He has everything under control even when life seems to be out of control. Mountain climbers could save time and energy if they reached the top of the mountain in a helicopter, but their ultimate purpose is conquest, not efficiency. Sure, they want to reach a goal, but they want to do so the hard way by testing their character and resolve. God could create scientists, mathematicians, athletes, and musicians and place them here on earth. He doesn't. He creates children who take on those roles over a long process. We learn to excel by handling failure. Only in cultivating discipline, endurance, and patience do we develop Godly character. God does not look upon trouble as we do. Where we see stress, He sees opportunities. Where we see crisis, He sees growth and betterment. God's purpose in times of crisis and trouble is to teach His children precious lessons. They are intended to educate, and build us up. And when we learn from them and ride out these storms of life, we will see the great promise He has fulfilled in our lives. When bad things happen, know that God has not abandoned you, and see it as a time to trust Him even more. When it is over we can look back and see that our learning lessons were necessary for His master plan for our lives.


Job 23:9-10
When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right, I cannot see Him. But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Isaiah 48:10-11
Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For My own sake, for My own sake, I will act; For how can My name be profaned? And My glory I will not give to another.


A Prayer for Today
Thank You Lord for every trial and tribulation I have faced, it has made me who I am today. Thank You for bringing me out of the rough times with a testimony that will bring glory to You. I know that my helps comes from you in all situations. Please strengthen my faith and open my mind to the truth that everything is unfolding according to your divine plan. Let compassion and love for my brothers and sisters flow from me and may we all be uplifted by your glory. 
Amen.