Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 9


Thank God for Every Moment
After a long and frosty winter, finally, spring has finally arrived. With the promise of warmer weather, the budding of flowers and a return of happily chirping birds, we look forward to long sunny days and an overall easier way of living. When a challenging time in your life comes to an end, treat it the same way you would a bad winter —learn from it, be proud of how you persevered, welcome the change of season with an open heart, and be present in your new and more enjoyable season. Now that you are here, God wants you to enjoy this new season’s peace and blessings. Just like in nature, a storm doesn't last forever. The hard times will come and they will go. Don’t prolong the challenging season and diminish the blessings of your “spring” by carrying over the hardships and heartaches of the past season. Carry on in the joy that God has for you. As you remember to not look back, also remember not to jump ahead to summer and fall and begin worrying now that winter will have to return. Enjoy the beauty and wonder of each season in your life for they have helped to develop the person you are today by providing you with lessons and blessings. Take a moment to enjoy right now. Every trial, every test, is making you into the person God truly wants you to be - stronger, wiser, more experienced. Remember as you go through all your seasons that life is sweet, no matter what — because with Jesus, your best days are always ahead of you.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A Prayer for Today
Glorious God, thank you for every moment I have experienced here on earth. Thank You for the good times and joyous memories I have to reminisce on. I thank You for every experience that has helped me become a better person. I know that whenever I need You, I know that I can come to You, Jesus, and that You will hear my prayer. Thank You for being with me in the good times and the bad.
Amen