Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 12

Appreciate Life!
Do you take the time to appreciate your life on a daily basis? Or does it seem like the daily stress of life blocks you from appreciating your life? Appreciation is when you are able to fully recognize the worth and value of “something” or “someone”. When you appreciate a car, you fully recognize the worth and value of your car. When you appreciate your friend, you fully recognize the worth and value of your friend. More importantly, when you appreciate your life, you fully recognize the worth and value that God has placed on you. You are priceless, and can never be replaced! Because of what Jesus did on the cross, our many sins have been forgiven, we are restored to right standing with God, and we will live forever in joyful fellowship with Him and His children. How much more should we thank Him every day for these and a hundred other blessings! Showing appreciation should always be genuine and sincere. When we come to Jesus Christ, it is not the end but the beginning of a whole new life. He is with us, and He wants to help us follow Him and His Word. In ourselves we do not have the strength that we need to live the way God wants us to live. In many countries a special day is set aside each year for thanksgiving. But for the Christian every day can be a day of thanksgiving as we are “always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 5:20, NIV). We have so much to be thankful for. Do you know the joy of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ? If you’ll turn to God, He can take away your bitterness and give you the spirit of true thankfulness, and you can begin to see your life in a whole new way.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

A Prayer for Today


Thank You heavenly father for my life. Thank You for forgiving my sins and making me a new creation in You. I appreciate all You have done for me. Lord, please open my eyes to all of the the good you have placed in the people around me, and help me to bless them by showing appropriate appreciation. Draw them to me and help them to see You in me.  
Amen