Friday, August 15, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 15


God Has a Plan for Your Life
Have you ever stopped to think: Why was I born? Does my life matter? What is my purpose? We all have asked ourselves one of these questions one time or another. Whatever your purpose, God calls us all overcomers (John 5:4), and that’s exactly what we are! An overcomer is someone who prevails against, conquers, or gains the victory over a struggle or conflict. We aren't going to become overcomers overnight, we will have to go through some struggles and conflicts in order to overcome them. We can be thankful even in the tough times because we already know we are overcomers because God said so. God know what you are facing right now, and He is with you. God’s Word tells us, in Psalm 139, that we are not an accident. God has never made anything without a purpose. God planned you. He planned everything about you. God knew how and when and where you would be born. He also is fully aware of the length of your days, including the exact time of your birth and death. That doesn't mean that God predestines the good and bad things that come to us. Good people are killed all the time, and our loving heavenly Father is not the creator of those tragedies. Babies come into this world every day, conceived outside of the framework of God’s perfect will, and He loves each one of them as much as He loves you and me. We are here on this earth for God’s purpose, not ours. As you grow to get to know God, you will get to know the plan He has for your life. 

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, sometimes life gets rough, but I know You have kept me for a reason. I have survived every hard situation in my life because You have a plan for me. I thank You for keeping me. I have made it through my toughest times because I know You love me. I release and let go of all past hurts, misunderstandings and grudges because You said that I am more than a conqueror. I trust what You are doing in my life. I walk in victory everyday!