Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 21


We Have Everything We Need in Christ
Do you have joy in your life every single day? This is God's will for you, and He has provided the keys that will bring contentment and joy regardless of your circumstances. What's holding you back? Do you believe that your particular circumstances make happiness and enjoyment impossible for you? Well, it’s not true! Learning to be happy with yourself and where you are is a very important key to enjoying your life. If you know that God wants you to enjoy life, why does it sometimes seem impossible? Could it be that you’re unhappy with yourself because of the mistakes you have made? God doesn't require us to be perfect—He made us, and He knows we’re human and will make mistakes. Our job is to get up every day and do our best to use the keys He has provided for us. And when we fail, we must get right with God, receive His forgiveness and go on. Quit worrying about what you're not or what you don't have and give God what you are. Jesus died for us so that we could live life, and live it more abundantly. That means we now have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23) through Him. This means we have everything we need, in Christ, to live a victorious life. This way of thinking isn't natural to us, and it's common for people to believe their happiness is based on having their way, doing what they want to do, when they want to do it, and getting everything they want. We have to renew our minds by the Word of God and realize that God's love is the greatest gift we can receive in life. I want to encourage you to make the decision to spend time reading and studying God's Word. Hang out with Jesus, praying and taking time to be still in His presence, letting Him speak to your heart. Examine your heart and be honest about who you're living for. If you want to give up living for yourself and live wholeheartedly for God, you can start fresh today.

2 Corinthians 5:15
He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.

A Prayer for Today
Father God, please help me to create a balanced life. Help me to take time to enjoy my life, and to be a person full of gratitude. Help me take time to love, to extend my hand in service to those around me. Lord, remind me to take time to learn, to be disciplined and accountable. Help me to make a difference in the small and big moments of my life. Lord, help me to keep smiling, to be happy, and to try to be myself. Lord, infuse me with your spirit so I can create a life of balance, moderation, and simplicity. Today, whatever my challenge, let it be an occasion to pursue Your will for my life.
Amen