Thursday, August 14, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 14


Love the Life You Were Given
Every day, we are constantly are surrounded by the media. Television, internet, social media are a part of  our daily lives. In our society, it’s easy to get caught up with a reality show or the latest celebrity gossip, but when you think about it, what good does it do for you? How can we possibly appreciate and love what we already have when society always tells us we need more? How can we show love to the ones around us when we are constantly thinking about the upcoming TV series or the latest fashion trend? These things are irrelevant in our appreciation of  life. When you reflect upon your life years from now, what do you think your outcome will be? It’s easy to just get stuck in the daily grind that you can’t possibly think 20 years ahead. But it is necessary for your personal well being to appreciate your life every single day. God has given you so much to be thankful for. When you continue to focus your time and energy on what you most value in your life, you will start to have positive feelings about your life. When you choose to focus your time and energy on material possessions, such as video games, the new fashion trend, or watching television, you will begin to feel inadequate in areas of your life, and God definitely does not want that for you. He has a perfect plan for your life, and it's up to you to choose if you will choose His way, or another way.  

Philippians 2:13
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.

A Prayer for Today
Thank You heavenly father for my life. Thank You for forgiving my sins and making me a new creation in You. I appreciate all You have done for me. Lord, please open my eyes to all of the the good you have placed in the people around me, and help me to bless them by showing appropriate appreciation. Draw them to me and help them to see You in me. 
Amen