Friday, August 8, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 8


Every Day is a Blessing
When you stop to think about it, our lives really are magnificent in so many ways. Each day is an opportunity to embrace a new challenge or appreciate the little things that make you smile. All it takes is a little perspective change. Your thoughts effect your actions, so switch your thoughts to positive and grateful ones. What about the person you know that has less than you? Do you think they are grateful for what they have? When we get to know people who don't have the things we take for granted, it gives us an even deeper appreciation for what we do have. Immediately upon waking each morning, think of ten things you are grateful for at the moment. As you fall asleep at the end of the day, fill your thoughts with thankfulness for the good and valuable blessings in your life. As you live with a grateful heart, you can experience a deep sense of fulfillment every single day because you know are living in alignment with God's perfect plan for your life. Appreciation is all about consciously recognizing the worth and value that God has placed on your life. It’s about recognizing that as people, we only have a specific amount of time on this earth. You are here to experience love, joy and to make an impact in someone else's life. Begin each day and end each day with a prayer of thanks. Live each day with a sincerely thankful heart. As each day passes, you’ll realize that you have more and more to be thankful for.

Psalms 118:24 
This is the day which the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

A Prayer for Today
Thank You Lord for the gift of today. Thank You for waking me up this morning, and giving me air to breathe. I am so grateful for my life. Thank You for the new grace and mercy that you have given me today. Thank You for all the kindness You have shown me. Thank You, Father, for Your great patience in preserving me despite my sinfulness, for Your protection in the past and for the opportunity to serve and honor You in the future. May my life, from now on, be a sign of my gratefulness. 
Amen.