Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 7



Trusting God While Waiting
It’s always easy to give thanks for the blessings that we already have. Love, family, friends, finances. For these, we are thankful daily. They make us feel good and we expect and receive them with little to no cost. Then there are those things in our life which seem to take a toll on us, like hoping for that new promotion or hoping for a healing in our bodies. Sometimes it is hard to understand that we are able to be more, do more, and imagine more beyond what currently is because we can't physically see any results at the moment. Have you ever read a promise in the Bible and wondered how it could ever come to pass in your life? Have you ever read, “by [His] stripes ye were healed” when your body was wracked with sickness and pain? Or heard someone preach that God will meet “all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” when your bank balance was zero and your unpaid bills were piled high? Healed sounds great, you thought. Needs met sounds great. But I don’t know how to get there from here. It looks impossible! Everyone who has ever lived by faith has felt like that at one time or another. The first time Abraham heard God’s promises for him, he had no idea how they would ever come to pass...but in God's timing, they did! While we are waiting on God, it is important to remain thankful. That is how we increase our faith. We can thank God in advance for what we are trusting Him to do. We can thank Him for working everything out for our good. We can thank Him for every blessing one of our blessings that are on the way. Even when we can't see our blessing, we have to continue to study and meditate on God’s Word until we begin to believe it with our minds, and receive it in our hearts. Stick to the truth of God's words and refuse to let go until what you have prayed for comes to pass. 

Jeremiah 17:7
But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

A Prayer for Today
Thank You Lord for my wonderful life! I am so grateful for all that I have. I pray and ask you today to help me to seek you concerning my future. What do you have planned for me? Show me your ways Lord so that what I do will be pleasing to You. Help me to trust You today, Heavenly Father. I trust You with my life, and I know that you have only my best interests in mind. Thank You for being mindful of me. I turn my life over to You.
Amen.