Monday, August 18, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 16


Be Full of Joy Everyday
Joy is not hard to find, but we have to understand that true joy is not something you find outside of yourself. Joy is an unshakable feeling that we can bring with us wherever you go. At times, it is easy to feel defeated by life. Unfortunately that’s not how life works, you can't get the answers to life’s challenges in advance, so you will have to be ready for whatever happens. Don't use what you don't understand as a chance to worry, but to rather choose joy! Stop coming up with excuses to not be happy, and express gratitude for what you do have to be happy about. See yourself as God sees you, and embrace Him in your life. Feeling down and out not only is self-defeating, but it also does a disservice to the world. Your family, friends, and community can't enjoy your presence unless you give them something to love. Think about it. Do you want to be around someone who is always complaining? Would you want to have a conversation with a person who only speaks negatively? Of course not! Be the person who is always smiling despite their circumstances. Be the woman who always has an encouraging word to say. Be the friend who is a joy to be around. Life is about learning from your trials, failures, and misjudgments, so don’t lose any more of your time in unhappiness! We go through hard times in life to have a testimony to share with the world. Let your story be that you made it through with a smile on your face! Let your life be a testimony that God's joy can overcome any situation. People are watching your life, be the reason why they smile today.


Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 


A Prayer for Today
Dear Father in Heaven, I know You are full of love towards me. Yet sometimes I do not feel filled with the joy You offer to me. So often happiness is distant in my heart. Today I acknowledge that I choose joy despite the circumstances. Help me to trust You to give me the joy and the peace that Your Holy Spirit brings. Increase my faith so I can trust You fully even when I don't feel like it. I don’t want to just survive or just get by… I want my life to overflow with joy! Help me to be a good ambassador for You. 
Amen.