Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 10

Transform Your Thinking
In your quiet moments, what do you think about? How far you’ve come, or how far you have to go? Your strengths, or your weaknesses? The best that might happen, or the worst that might come to be? In your quiet moments, pay attention to your thoughts. Because maybe, just maybe, the only thing that needs to shift in order for you to experience more happiness, more love, and more vitality, is your way of thinking. Have you ever been around someone who never has a bad word to say about anyone or anything? How do you feel while in the company of that person? It’s refreshing, isn’t it? Just the same, have you ever been around someone who always has something negative to say? How does that make you feel? Nobody likes to be around Mr. Bummer, especially since negative attitudes can be so contagious. It is far too easy to adopt the perspective of the majority when you are surrounded by negativity, but in this case it’s not a very healthy option. To keep a positive perspective, you need to learn to think for yourself, and avoid letting others do it for you. That means you need to find ways of limiting your exposure to those who influence your thinking in a negative direction. Spend time with friends whose tendency is toward gratitude and positive thinking. At the same time, avoid spending too much time with those who like to think and speak negatively. Study the Word of God, and let Him begin to transform your mind to an attitude to love, gratitude, and thankfulness. 

Romans 12:2
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

A Prayer for Today
Dear Lord, thank you for my beautiful life. Show me Your ways so that I can become more like You. I give you may hands to do Your work. I give You my feet to go Your way. I give You my eyes to see as You see. I give You my tongue to speak Your words. I give You my mind so that my thoughts can be transformed. Above all, I give You my heart that You can show me how to love. I give You my whole self, Lord, that You may grow in me, so that it is You who lives, works and prays in me. Help me to become the woman that You created me to be.
Amen.