Friday, August 1, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 1


Always Thankful
In the stressful world we live in, sometimes it can seem difficult for us to find something to be thankful for. Yet, it is precisely because of the problems around us that we need to devote ourselves to giving thanks to God. When we listen to or read the news, it is mostly bad news that is reported. We constantly hear of crime, tragedies and disasters. We rush about at a hectic pace day after day, trying to keep up with the demands of modern life, and the list of problems could go on and on. However, when darkness grows all around us, we cannot afford to become neglectful in our thankfulness. Instead, we need to renew our commitment to thankfulness daily. Science proves that being thankful can be therapeutic, and the Bible tells us that it can bring healing to a troubled heart. When we thank God for all that He has done, we start to remember all of the great things that we do have. Our circumstances themselves may not always inspire thankfulness, but if we turn our thoughts to God's blessings, both spiritual and physical, our hearts will again be filled with thankfulness to Him. We should practice being thankful everyday, not just when we attend a church service or a special holiday. There is always something to be grateful for, and we have to remind ourselves every chance we get.

Philippians 4:6
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. 
Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.


A Prayer for Today
Thank You God for giving me another day, another chance to become a better individual, another chance to give, and experience love. Thank You for giving me health, for the food you provide, and the clothes on my back. Thank you for the sun that warms our bodies and the air that fills our lungs. Because of you, I am learning to love and accept myself. God, show me how to love myself, to be able to love others. Help me become the type of person that I would like to befriend, help me forgive myself and forgive others. Thank You for giving me another day and another opportunity to get it right with You. Keep us all close to you, and hear our prayers.
Amen.