Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Beautiful Life: Day 20


Trusting God's Timing
We all want good things to happen in our lives, but too often we want it now...not later. When it doesn't happen when we expect it to, we are tempted to ask, "When, God, when?" Most of us need to grow in the area of trusting God instead of focusing on the "when" question. If you're missing joy and peace, due to waiting on your miracle, most likely you're not fully trusting God. Trusting Him includes trusting in His timing. Many people want change, but they don't want to go through the waiting process. But the truth is, waiting is a given—we all have to wait on something. The question is, what will be our attitude while we wait? Are we waiting the right way, or the wrong way? If we wait the wrong way, we'll be miserable; but if we decide to wait God's way, we can become stronger because of the wait. It takes practice, but as we let God help us in each situation, we develop patience, which is one of the most important Christian virtues. As we develop patience, the Bible says we finally feel completely satisfied—lacking nothing. God gives us hopes and dreams for certain things to happen in our lives, but He doesn't always allow us to see the exact timing of His plan. Although frustrating, not knowing the exact timing is often what keeps us in the program. There are times when we might give up if we knew how long it was going to take, but when we accept God's timing, we can learn to live in hope and enjoy our lives while God is working on our problems. We know that God's plan for our lives is good, and when we entrust ourselves to Him, we can experience total peace and happiness. 

Ecclesiastes 7:8
Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

A Prayer for Today
Lord, I earnestly seek after You. I seek Your kingdom and Your will. I lay my plans before You. I give you the desires of my heart. Help me to rely on You in every area of my life. Thank you for the patience to wait on You and appreciate where I am right now. I trust You when You say that the plans you have for me are good. Sharpen my character and transform my heart this day and every day.
Amen