Monday, July 28, 2014

31 Days of Joy: Realize Who You Are

“Who you were, who you are, and who you will be are three different people.”
― Unknown



Realize who you are.

You know your name, you know your birthday, and you know your favorite food. But do you really know who you are? Do you know who God says you are? Negative thoughts, bad attitudes, and poor decisions can effect our lives if we do not fully know our identity in Christ. When we know who we are in Christ, we become joyful just to know who we really are. When we became born again, God gave us a new start in life. I am now the person God says I am. Regardless of what I was before God saved me, regardless of what other people think of me, I am now the person God says I am. God has forgiven me of all my sins—past, present, and future. I am loved by God, not because of what I have done, but because of who I am. I am a child of God, and friend of Jesus. I am more than a conqueror through Christ who strengthens me. Within each choice and decision we make, we discover a little more about who we are. When we don't realize who we are in Christ, our faith will be crippled. If you don't feel worthy to exercise your authority in Christ, then you won't be doing it in the fullness of faith and will lack assurance. Satan works diligently to program people's minds to feel unworthy and unable to walk in power of God here on earth. The truth is that we, by our own power and effort, are unworthy, but it is the Blood of Jesus that makes us worthy.

Focus Scriptures:
Hebrews 10:17
Their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

John 1:12
But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name—

John 3:30
He must increase, but I must decrease.

Ephesians 1:4
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.

Joy in Action Today:
Who does God say you are? Do you know? Grab a piece of paper, then write down some things you love to do. How do you like to spend your free time? What do you enjoy doing most? What drives you in life? Pray and ask God to show you your purpose and how you can help be an asset to the Kingdom of God and His people.