Monday, November 10, 2014

The Set Apart Girl Follows Jesus

Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.
1 John 2:6


 People of the world believe that going to church every sunday makes one a "Christian." Sometimes even as Christians, we believe that going to church or serving in ministry leads to a relationship with God. The term "christian" was given to those who followed Jesus when he walked on the earth.  Going to church every sunday won't get you into heaven. Singing in the choir won't get you special privileges with God. Living and loving as Jesus did makes you a true follower of Him. 

God sent His only begotten son, Jesus, here to earth to be an example of what we should be. Although the Son of God, Jesus was human just like you and me. He got hungry, he got tired, and he was tempted by the devil. There is nothing that you and I go through that Jesus did not also have to face. Jesus prayed, so we are to pray. Jesus showed unconditional love to others just like we should. In bible times, Jesus' disciples were those who not only followed Him around, but they also studied Him and lived by following His example. To be more like Jesus, you have to first learn about Jesus and how He lived His life. 

The Set Apart girl lives the set-apart lifestyle, just as Jesus did. She follows the example of Jesus and truly lives to please her Heavenly Father. To receive the promises of God, you have to first be obedient to God. Just as a mother rewards her son or daughter for good behavior, our Heavenly Father is pleased with us when we are obedient to Him. Jesus says that if we love Him, we will do what He says to do (John 15:10).

Think about it...
What can you do to be more like Jesus?

Focus Scriptures:
If you love me, obey my commandments.
John 15:10

When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father's commandments and remain in his love.
John 15:10

Jesus replied, "All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.
John 14:23

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.
John 15:4

Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example.
Philippians 3:17

And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:1